Are you interested in digital media? Fancy developing your creativity with industry professionals? We're looking for creative, passionate young people to work with us on an exciting project!
Date: Saturday 25 November, 10am - 4.30pm at Turner Contemporary, Margate, CT9 1HG
We are looking for individuals aged 16-25 to join us for a one day workshop and be involved in creating a series of short videos in response to Turner Contemporary's spring 2018 exhibition, Journeys with 'The Waste Land'.
- Work with industry professionals
- Be part of a project aimed to reach thousands of people across social media (with your name on the credits!)
- Get involved in the editing process
- Gain valuable work experience
- Put your questions to a series of presenters about issues that matter - from feminism to conflict to mental health
- Learn more about T.S. Eliot's famous poem, 'The Waste Land', some of which was written here in Margate in 1921
Register for the workshop here.
The challenge: We need your help to think about one of the trickiest poems written in the last 100 years. How can we make it stand out on Youtube, Instagram and Snapchat?
- First, a discussion about digital media – bring us something that made you stare on social media and tell us about it. Then we’ll kick off with a creative session designed to get us talking – during this, to get inspiration, we’ll go for a walk to the place that T.S. Eliot sat when he was writing.
- After this, we’ll work together come up with some questions to put to our presenters on a variety of themes – from feminism to conflict to mental health to life in Margate.
- Then we’ll break for lunch which will be provided in our Learning Studio.
- We will then take a look at some of the presenters for the series of short videos, learn more about them and create a video to send their way.
- In the afternoon, work with illustrator and animator Jade Sprankenstein to create an animation flip book and talk about the filming process. Watch her showreel here: https://vimeo.com/209817546
- We will finish the day with Pizza from GB Pizza Co.
There’ll be two non-compulsory follow up events where you’ll see the rough cut of the footage, and then be invited to a premiere of the series of shorts (popcorn included). More details on this to follow.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org