Are you egg-cited for Easter? Come feed your imagination at Turner Contemporary.
1) Get creative in one of our workshops!
You can create your own piece of art at the gallery! Choose from these workshops.
- Good Friday, 30th March – Has it begun to Sprout? – Plant your own seed in a home made pot.
- Easter Sunday, 1st April – Has it begun to Sprout? – Plant your own seed in a home made pot.
- Easter Monday, 2nd April – A current under the sea – Create something new out of recycled material
- Wednesday 4th April – Headwear Hullaballoo – Create wearable art.
- Thursday 5th April – Headwear Hullaballoo – Create wearable art.
- Wednesday 11th April – Pottery Bats and Rats – Create pottery creatures.
- Thursday 12th April – Pottery Bats and Rats – Create pottery creatures.
2) Explore inside the gallery
Be inspired by giant colourful paintings, poetry and sculpture, as you explore Journeys with ‘The Waste Land’. Entry to our exhibitions is free.
3) Explore outside the gallery
Jyll Bradley’s Dutch/Light (for Agneta Block) is on our terrace. Walk under it and be bathed in colour. As the tide rises, watch Antony Gormley’s Another Time from the promenade as it becomes submerged under the sea.
4) Discover the stories behind the artworks on a free Highlights Tour
Join one of our Gallery Assistants who will introduce you to some of their favourite artworks featured in Journeys with ‘The Waste Land’. Free Tours are daily and start at 11.30pm at the main desk.
5) Enjoy a treat at the cafe
Our cafe has lots of treats this Easter, from fun creme egg chocolate brownies, to traditional Easter biscuits and hot cross buns toasted with cinnamon butter. Available from Good Friday and right through the holidays. Sip your drink and enjoy the spectacular view over Margate Sands.