The shop at Turner Contemporary is counting down to the festive season – even the windows have been decorated with Arp-inspired baubles created by artist, Viliina Koivisto.
From kids’ toys to stylish ceramics to art books, just pop into the shop to see the full, colourful range of Christmas gift ideas from which you can choose. Many of the items are unique to our location and made by local makers and artists.
With every exhibition, we come up with new ranges and Arp: The Poetry of Forms is no exception. Arp was an artist who played with form, colour and abstractions, and the range celebrates this with bespoke jewellery and mini prints.
What’s more, every purchase in the shop supports the work of Turner Contemporary – from our learning programmes to our exhibitions. So come along for your Christmas shopping, get inspiration and find one-off gifts for friends and family.
Here’s a selection of our top 10 Christmas Gift ideas :
1. Let us introduce you to our Buddy cushions! Choose from ESMERALDA (green) HÅKAN (light blue) or LILY (dark blue).
2. Could there be a more perfect umbrella for a drizzly winter day? Walking stick style with soft handle and wide canopy.
3. Fancy getting your teeth into our Guess the Artist game? Identify iconic artists from just three visual clues. Features 60 iconic artists from Michelangelo to Basquiat.
4. When ferocious becomes cute! This knitted dinosaur is suitable from birth, machine washable, and ethically sourced. T-rex, Diplodocus and Triceratops available.
5. For only £20 you can take Arp home with this catalogue filled with photographs of his life and works. Available on Ebay here.
6. If you know someone who needs pampering, have a look at the Christmas Gift Boxes from local company Haeckels. Each gift box contains hand balm, facial cleanser, facial exfoliant, bog myrtle incense cones, travel candle, small exfoliating seaweed block and lip balm.
7. This jewellery by Jess Collinge stands out from the crowd. Individual and unique.
8. Inspired by the potter’s late Grandmother, each piece of Laura Brown’s ‘Dorothy Grace Collection’ is handmade and intended to be unique in shape and form. All pieces are food, dishwasher and microwave safe, and made in Laura’s Faversham studio.
9. Did you know that newborns can only see 12 to 15 inches into the distance? They are most taken with their parent’s faces and black and white geometric figures. Experimenting with the latter idea, Wee Gallery was born. This set of 3 Nesting Dolls features woodland creatures – the Owl, the Deer, and the Bunny. Visit Turner Contemporary to see the full range.
10. And Christmas at Turner Contemporary couldn’t be complete without a Margate icon. This book, Tracey Emin: Works 2007 – 2017, is a new comprehensive monograph of the artist’s work.
The shop is opening when Turner Contemporary is open: Tuesday – Sunday, 10am – 5pm.
Visit Turner Contemporary to purchase any of these items and more from our exquisite selection, or call Turner Contemporary on 01843 233 000.
The gallery and shop will be closed on 24th, 25th and 26th December, and then back open as usual on 27th December.
We will also be closing early on 31st December at 4pm, and then back open as normal (10am – 5pm) on January 1st.