Admission to Turner Contemporary is free
No booking is necessary if you are not a school or group. Please click here for opening times, a map and travel information.
School and group visits
If you are a school or group, you can book morning or afternoon sessions of 90 minutes in the gallery. Pre-booking is essentia, at least two weeks in advance of your visit.
You can choose one of our Navigated tours or hands-on sessions, or choose to lead your own tour of the gallery.
Please contact us on 01843 233000 to discuss your individual needs and for us to help you plan the practicalities of your visit.
All visits, including those that are self-led, should be pre-booked at least two weeks in advance by contacting our Learning team at Learn@turnercontemporary.org or by calling 01843 233000.
We welcome visits from language schools. If you would like to book a visit, please contact us.
We advise all group leaders that there is a maximum of 8 people in the work at any time. Please plan for this in advance of your visit.
It is important to us that your group enjoys visiting Turner Contemporary and has fun learning. It is also important that our visitors are safe and that we take care of the art works on display. There are a few simple guidelines that will help you to have a successful visit:
- Please do not touch the art works in the exhibition. Our Object Dialogue Box has been designed with artefacts for you to touch and is a great way to conduct a handling session.
- Please leave bags and coats on the trolleys when you arrive.
- You may take photographs in some exhibitions, but please check with a member of staff upon arrival and please do not use a Flash.
- We would really like you to draw in the galleries, but please only use dry materials. If there are a lot of people around an art work, please wait until they have moved on so that you can get the best view.
- Please do not bring food or drink into the galleries – items must be left in trolleys at the start of your visit.